Sunday, September 5, 2010

Leaving LA

This post is long over due. Maybe I waited so long because I couldn't fully admit that I had really moved away. Until just recently it kept feeling like I was just on a long vacation and any day I would return to Silverlake and Bodyscape and Gold's Gym Downtown and all the cool places I had gotten accustomed to spending time with friends. Moving back to Texas was definitely the right thing to do and it has been amazing to reconnect with family and friends but knowing that has not made it easier. I miss all my LA friends terribly. In fact, the only thing I don't miss about LA is our awful, broken down apartment (though I do miss our neighbors and the neighborhood).

Please have a look at my flickr page to see a retrospective of photos from our last month in La La Land: www.flickr.com/photos/oliviaohare/sets/72157624541244006/with/4810569909/
Many of these photos have been published on FB already but there is something particularly affecting about seeing all the little thumbnails on one page. I just teared up looking at them and thinking of everyone. It was an amazing last month and I am so thankful for all the going away dinners and parties. Okay, now I'm crying...

2 comments:

Monte Means said...

Miss you, Olivia!! Is it October yet?

Unknown said...

We miss you!!! Great photos, btw.